- setting them up and why they are important
So many business
people are guilty of having very little on their signature
- or no signature at all. It never ceases to amaze us at Vieve,
the money people will spend on newspaper advertisements and
the like but not even exploit a free and easy way to draw
attention to their business.
Ensure it includes at least your name, title, business name,
phone number/s and website address. Adding your email address
is also a good option. Consider that someone down the communication
chain may have been 'forwarded' your email or an email that
has been printed off.
Some people also use this space to put in a one-liner about
their current promotion or event or they use it to link to
their opt-in form for their email list.
- A signature
can help increase traffic to your website as people will
often 'click-thru' to learn more.
- Most people
deal with a huge number of emails coming through their inbox
each day. Don't make them guess where you are located and
what your business is.
- Even if you
know the person you are emailing, they may be forwarding
your message on, so the signature can be useful for someone
- Why not use
it for marketing and to show-off a bit? Under your business
name, why not include a line about your point of difference
or put something like "Finalist in the XYZ best small
business Awards 2007"
up signature in Outlook Express (6.00)
your main screen choose 'tools' and then 'options'
2. Then choose
the signatures tab
3. If you already
have a signature in there, it will be listed and you can edit
it. If you are creating your first one, click 'new' and you
will then be able to type your signature in. Then hit 'apply'.
to top ^
up a signature in Outlook 2003
1. Open the 'Tools'
Menu and choose 'Options'
2. Click on the 'Mail Format' tab
3. In the Message Format area, choose 'Plain Text' from the
drop-down box next to Compose in this message format
4. Then in the Signatures section (at bottom of the window),
click the 'Signatures' button
5. Click the New button
6. Enter a name for your signature (you can call it anything
7. Under the 'Choose how to create your signature', make sure
that 'Start with a blank signature' is selected; click 'Next'
8. Type your signature text in the box, and when you’re
done click the 'Finish' button
up a signature in Outlook 2002
1. Open a new
2. Click on the Options tab down arrow key.
3. Select “E-mail Signature”- create one at a
time and click New to add another one
4. Type the Title - Work, Family, Friend etc.. (you may want
to set your work signature as the default)
5. Press tab key to move down to the Create your email signature
6. Setup the default type and leave “None” for
the replies and forwards, unless you want it on those emails
7. Click OK to save signatures
up a signature in Eudora 5
1. Go to the
'Tools' menu and select 'Signatures'
2. From the Signatures menu on the left, double-click 'Standard'
3. Add your signature to the Signature window and save the
signature (Ctrl-S or Apple-S) and now your signature will
be appended to each email message you send.
to top ^